To our Clients and Customers:
Like all of you, we are eager to get back to auction and some semblance of “normal”. We know there remains much uncertainty on the horizon due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s auction schedule was an exciting one full of fantastic finds and quality vintage/antiques. As the year got underway, we were seeing a resurgence in prices and attendance both online and in house.
While it’s unfortunate we won’t get to see that continue in the way we all anticipated; we’re looking forward to resuming our auction schedule. Recently, we received confirmation from the Pennsylvania Auctioneer’s Association that we can legally hold online auctions of personal property per the PA Department of Community & Economic
“As noted in the Life Sustaining Business FAQ, online and over the phone sales were never prohibited under the Governor’s business Closure Order, and thus, businesses seeking to operate remotely via these methods would not have required a waiver.”
“Online bidding auctions for personal property – As stated above, online-only bidding is not prohibited under the Governor’s Business Closure Order. However, under the current guidance for businesses, the challenge may be with individuals obtaining their purchased goods. Currently, while curb-side pickup is not authorized, deliver of goods is authorized. Additionally, please note that with the Governor’s Process to Reopen PA many businesses located in counties or regions in the “yellow” phase would be able to operate following social distancing guidance and keep groups under 25. Also, curbside would be a preferable method of pickup in the “yellow” phase to limit congregation and face to face contact.”
Given this information, we are resuming selling personal property and liquidating estates via online timed and online live webcast auctions. These auctions will be held online via Invaluable, AuctionZip and our website. We will be holding preview by appointment only. Bidders wishing to preview must schedule an appointment, wear a face covering and observe social distancing.
Absolutely NO unscheduled drop-ins permitted.
We will hold our Annual Memorial Day Auction on May 25th. This auction has been split into (2) different only auctions.
The “back gallery” general household items including traylots will be an online only timed auction. This auction is an “ebay” style auction. Items will be photographed and cataloged and available for online bidding from Monday May 18th at 10 AM until Monday, Monday, May 25 at 7 PM. Bidders will be able to place bids directly online during that time period. At 7 PM, items will begin selling at the rate of 1 item per minute. If any item receives a bid within the last minute, it will be extended an additional minute. Items at this auction may be previewed during the week of May 18 – May 22 from 9 AM – 4 PM (closed Noon -1 PM) via APPOINTMENT only.
The “main gallery” showcased items including furniture will be sold via online live webcast on May 25 at 10 AM. A live webcast auction allows bidders to see and hear the auctioneer and bid in real time from their computer or smart phone. Bidders who do not have a computer or do not wish to bid online may do see by leaving an absentee bid with staff or setting up a phone bid prior to the auction. Bidding is available through Invaluable.com, AuctionZip.com and gatewayauction.com (see the bid here icon at the top of our homepage). Items at this auction may be previewed during the week of May 18 – May 22 from 9 AM – 4 PM (closed Noon -1 PM) via APPOINTMENT only.
Bidders wishing to have contactless pick up – the following protocol has been established:
· Pick-ups by appointment only.
· All items must be paid for prior to pick up. We cannot take payment at the time of pick up.
· Contact our office at 717-263-6512 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your pickup appointment.
· Items will be placed on bench directly outside office door during your scheduled pick-up time slot. Please bring all packing materials as well as any assistance you may need to load your items. No staff available to assist you. We are unable to accommodate drop in pickups.
· Items must be picked up during time frame. Buyer is solely responsible for the pickup of all items purchased at his/her own expense during the specified pick up time frame. Failure to pick up the times in the specified time window will result in a forfeiture of the items without refund.
· The seller is not required, for any reason, to provide an alternative time, location, method of pick-up or shipping.
At our facility, we are continually conducting rigorous cleaning of all public and back of house spaces. Further, we are following exhaustive cleaning, sanitation and disinfection protocols.
· Fast response to cleaning issues
· Frequent cleaning and wash down of high touch areas including walkways, door handles, switches, and counters
· Prominent placement of hand sanitizers
· Thorough use of Steri-Fab Disinfectant/Insecticide on all bedding and upholstered furniture.
We continue to observe the precautionary steps from the CDC to prevent the spread of germs including:
· Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick
· Cover a cough or sneeze (preferably with a disposable tissue)
· Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects
· Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms
We wish you and your family health and wellness during this challenging time. Please be safe!