Are you looking for a job where you will be part of a small team focused on getting the job done? A place where you’re not just another number on some big company’s spreadsheet? Somewhere where you can be inside AND outside during your shifts? If you have a valid driver’s license (and good driving record) and can lift up to 80 pounds on a daily basis, our Auction Coordinator/Mover may be for you!
We are looking for an efficient, focused, safety-minded individual for our auction acquisitions team. We have a full-time, long-term position available. Applicants should have extensive knowledge of packing, loading and unloading trucks, moving furniture and other personal property and have access to reliable transportation. Individuals with live auction experience are in especially high demand. We offer paid time off, health benefits and competitive pay. If interested, send your resume to email@example.com.
Essential job functions:
The mover / driver performs a variety of tasks related to moving customers’ personal possessions as well as performing tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Experienced and qualified to drive a large truck, both locally and occasionally for long distances.
- Proficient with tools and able to disconnect and reconnect furniture and simple electronics.
- Able to efficiently and carefully move all types of household furniture, cabinets, appliances, office equipment
- Lift heavy loads up to 80 lbs on a regular basis
- Receives training and shows proficiency in using proper lifting techniques and body mechanic skills.
- Maintains the truck in good condition are directed:
o Takes the truck for its regular scheduled maintenance.
o Keeps the cab and bed clean and free of trash.
o Keeps the truck in a clean outside appearance.
- Repairs, cleans, lubricates, and stores equipment, tools, and fixtures.
- Cleans and maintains the storage building as assigned.
- Performs preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Maintains written records and log books as assigned.
- Performs written work order requisitions as assigned.
- Confers with the supervisor regarding approaches to specifics maintenance or repair problems.
- Unloads trucks, receives merchandise, and places that merchandise in a neat and orderly manner in assigned storage areas.
- Picks up supplies and/or equipment, as directed.
- Participates in inventory and supply distribution processes as assigned.
- In performance of assigned job duties, interacts with customers in a cheerful / positive manner and is respectful of the customer’s personal belongings.
- Assist in organizing items for auction
- Perform set-up and clean-up tasks
- Function as a floor runner on auction day
- Perform general maintenance of company-associated facilities, grounds and equipment using company tools and equipment
- Provide Labor support as needed
- Performs other related duties
Physical requirements for the completion of the job include:
- Ability to perform physical labor that requires bending, twisting, stretching, crouching, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, pushing, pulling, and lifting and carrying objects, with routine reaching / lifting of the arms over the head to access shelving, storage racks, or other high areas and lift objects.
- Standing and walking for extending periods of time, with ability to move adequately through all areas of the customers house or business – includes walking over rough and uneven surfaces.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers required to manipulate objects and use various types of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Physical stamina to lift, pull, carry, or move light to heavy objects as required to perform job duties (i.e. bulk supplies, mechanical parts, and other merchandise – packaged in boxes, plastic containers, or other packaging; customers furniture and other small to large appliances; mowing equipment; mechanical / gardening tools of all sizes; ladders; lifting mechanisms)
- When lifting, employee must follow standard safety / ergonomic precautions and applicable facility procedures at all times and secure assistance and/or use of an approved lifting device when necessary; and may be subject to extreme variances in temperature, hazardous conditions, and inclement weather in the performance or duties.
High School Diploma or GED
PA Driver’s License
Able to Pass Test for Physical Card
Knowledge of Loading/Unloading Trucks
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Supports the mission and values of Gateway Gallery Auction Inc.
- Reports to immediate supervisor or company President/Vice-President
- Attends work as scheduled, maintains acceptable personal appearance / hygiene and keeps the work area in a neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Understands and complies with job performance requirements.
- Demonstrates good judgment in the performance of job duties.
- Supports customer service efforts and initiatives while exhibiting quality customer service behavior.
- Demonstrates kindness, tact, and courtesy toward all customers, family members, colleagues, outside vendors, and other visitors to Gateway Gallery Auction
- Treats all matters concerning the company, facilities, staff and customers with strict confidentiality.